I watched the Emmy's tonight.
Random notes I jotted throughout the night...
- Paul Newman didn't show up. Snap! What a snub!
- Geoffrey Rush is so cool!
- I got a little misty during the
Carson tribute. Especially when he
"Here's that Rainy Day" with Bette Midler.
- Wow - Tarantino showed up. I didn't know he made his debut as an
Elvis performer on "The Golden Girls."
- They really hit George Bush pretty hard. They showed Jon Stewart
following a clip of Bush by saying "You know I love you, that's why I hit
And Blythe Danner thanked "our kids in Iraq. Let's get the hell out!"
- I'll just note that William Shatner didn't sing the lyrics
to the Star Trek theme.
- "Don't push me. Take your hands off me unless you plan to arrest me."
1968. I've always wanted to see that clip....
- In Memoriam: Jerry Orbach, Bob Denver.
- Pretty classy, bringing out Charlie, the little boy from New
- I was glad Lost finally won something. And that they brought
the whole cast onto
the stage for it -- Charlie, Sawyer, Sayeed, Locke, Jin, Hurley, Jack...